What is a guided fishing session?
To be a successful angler, you need to know where to fish, when to fish and how to fish.
The only way to discover the answer to the above questions is to spend many hours of trial and error, experimenting in all winds and weathers until patterns begin to emerge and you can build your knowledge based upon them.
An angling guide is someone who has already done that and is offering a service whereby he can pass that information on to you at a cost in the same way as you may pay for the services of a fitness instructor or tennis coach.
I am offering to guide and assist you with your shore fishing on the middle to upper reaches of the English side of the Bristol Channel
How Does it work with The GamblingAngler?
The basic principle is outlined below. The finer details such as your preferred venue, target species and overall expectations of the session can be discussed by phone or email when making your booking to ensure that your expectations are fulfilled to the best of my ability. I will do my upmost to accommodate preferred dates and times to the best of my ability, subject to availability.
Once you have made your initial booking, we will discuss the details of your session by phone or email and what you are hoping to achieve from it. We will cover everything from tidal state and terrain to rigs, bait, suitable attire and of course the species of fish you are hoping to catch, so that you know exactly what to expect on the day.
On the day we will meet at a pre determined location at a given time and from here we will head out to our location for the session.
I will assist you with every aspect of your fishing and give you practical advice and encouragement in the hope that your expectations for the session are fulfilled.
The session is about YOU and I will do my upmost to ensure you enjoy it. I may fish alongside you unless you specifically ask me not to - it's entirely your choice.
The stated session duration will be the minimum time spent under my guidance.
If your session is successful (many are!), there will be potential to document your session through social media and/or magazine articles. I will specifically ask you on the day if you are happy for this to happen but again, the choice is entirely yours.
How do I make payment?
There is a 20% deposit payable at the time of your booking. Only when your session is over will you part with the remaining balance.
Accepted methods of payment are cash or PayPal.
• When you take part in a guided fishing session with The Gambling Angler, your personal safety will be a major consideration. Adequate steps will be taken to ensure this is paramount at all times and you will be advised on practical measures that will be offered in your best interests that ultimately you are responsible for adhering to.
• The nature of fishing on the coast will mean that aside from the obvious fact that you will be in close proximity to water, you will more often than not be fishing from uneven rocks, slippery weed, knee deep mud or in some cases even be fishing from a considerable height above the water.
• You will be asked to sign a health and safety brief and a disclaimer, both of which will be issued to you on the day of your session. It is important that these are filled out correctly as they validate my insurance policy.
• I regret that I will be unable to provide this service for under 18’s unless accompanied by an adult. An adult guardian may accompany a minor and will not be charged for doing so. Any contract entered in to will be with said adult guardian.
• Disabled anglers are welcome but any existing conditions need to be declared prior to the guided session when it may or may not be possible to accommodate any special requirements.
• Pets are welcome, but they are the responsibility of their owner and should be kept under full control at all times.
• I/The Gambling Angler reserves the right to cancel a session with immediate effect if I/it feel that the behaviour of a client under my guidance is compromising the safety of him/herself, myself, another member of my party or a member of the public.
• Consumption of alcohol or substance abuse during a guided session will not be tolerated. If there is good reason to believe that a client is intoxicated or under the influence of recreational or medicinal drugs, the session will be terminated and in the case of the former, any monies received prior to the session retained in full.
• The Gambling Angler reserves the right to cancel any booking due to extreme weather that could compromise the productivity of the session and/or personal safety and any other unforeseen event.
In this instance, you will be notified at the earliest possible opportunity and any money paid will be refunded in full.